Saturday, October 4, 2008

Writing Day, Edits Complete

Today we met at Mary's for our monthly writing day (though we didn't meet at all in September.) I was excited to have time dedicated solely to writing. I haven't worked on my novel at all since the last writing day. I haven't been in the mood for it. But it's so close to finished, I knew I just needed some dedicated time with nothing else to do but write. Today is exactly what I needed. I finished the edits I had listed for it. Sylvie read my novel and gave me the manuscript with her comments, and I finished the edits she suggested. Now it is complete. Tina, Sarah, and Mary are still going to read it, and I'm sure they'll have some great suggestions and I'll make some more edits when they've read it through, but it is at a point with which I am very happy. If I changed nothing else in it, I would be satisfied. I'm ready to start sending it out to agents. Hopefully I'll be able to keep up the momentum for that. The sooner I get it out there, the sooner I can hope to get out of corporate america. I know it will still be a long time (most likely) until I can afford to live on my writing alone, but once it's out there at least I'll have a better chance at it.

No comments: