Monday, February 23, 2009

Sick

The past few weeks I've been sick a lot. It started with sinusitis. I thought it was the flu. Got some antibiotics for it and was laid up in bed for a few days, then spent another many days recovering and being tired. Then was better for a few days. Then got gastro-enteritis (I think that's how you spell it.) The doctor thought the antibiotics wiped out the good bacteria and let other stuff take over. Whatever happened, I was miserable. I was out of work for a full 3 days. So between all that, I got no writing done for a few weeks.

I planned on taking Sunday to work on my novel and begin the readthrough to myself. Those plans fell through. For reasons I won't go into here, my kung fu teacher, Matt, is starting his own school, along with another of the teachers, Kevin. They needed to move all their equipment out of the old school on Sunday, and since I have a pick up truck, I offered to help. It turned out to be an all day ordeal and I was wiped out by the time I got home, so no work on the novel was done.

I must say I am excited about the new school. Kung Fu classes will remain as they are, but there will be additional offerings such as Tai Chi. Lion Dance will not have such a grueling practice schedule, so I will finally be able to join that if I choose. It's something I've wanted to do for a while, but have to weigh the time it takes with what I need for myself and writing.

No comments: