Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my blog!  Thank you for stopping by and reading what I have to say here.  I hope you'll enjoy what I have written and will write in the future.  I haven't published anything yet, but my writing group will be publishing a collection of poetry in the next few months.  We don't have a date yet, but are working on the final edits of the collection, and hope to have it out by the holiday season.  As soon as I know when it will be available, I'll put the information up here for you all.
 
I'm working on the final revisions of my first novel, The Moonlight Cafe.  It is a young adult romance novel.  I've had two people read through it, and am waiting for one more person to finish reading it before I make the final revisions.  I'm excited to get to work on the revisions, but want to wait until I have all the input.  I've read through it so many times and already revised parts, I don't think I have more than 1 or 2 more read-throughs in me before reading it again would be unproductive.  There comes a time when the novel is just too close to you, and no amount of pondering will show you anything that can be improved.  I have a bit more research to do to make a part or two more realistic, but for the most part, the end is in sight.
 
I am also ready to start looking for an agent.  I am trying to mentally steel myself for the inevitable rejection I know will come.  Agents receive so many hundreds, if not thousands, of queries each year, and they are so limited in the amount of work they can take on.  It will just be a matter of perseverance and time.
 
If all that's not enough, I have also started writing my second novel.  I won't say much about it now because it's in the early stages and could change drastically before it's complete.  It is not a young adult novel though.  I have an idea or two for another young adult, but this story must be told first.  It is already taking on a life of its own, with the main character having already shown me the error of my initial view of her.  She's going to be a feisty one.
 
That's it for now.  Thanks again for stopping by, and please check back often!  I'm going to try to post several times a week to keep things lively around here.
 

No comments: