Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Busy with research

I've spent the past week doing a lot of research.  It's not for my novel though, it's for something my writing group and I are going to do.  The beginning stages are the hardest and take the most time, I think, but the research for it has taken away from my writing.  That's ok, though, because I've been kind of stuck at a the current scene anyway and needed a break from it.  Hopefully I'll get back into it tonight.  If not, I'm going to work on some ideas for another young adult novel.  One or the other, I will do creative work tonight.  This other project is very exciting though, and I'm not at all complaining about the work on it.  It's left me a bit wiped out though, which is why I haven't posted anything recently.  The last time I got stuck on a scene I started freewriting about the fact that I was stuck, why I thought I was stuck, and where I needed to go with the novel.  It helped.  After about 2 pages of handwritten complaining, ideas started flowing.  I will try that again tonight if I don't get anywhere.

No comments: