Sunday, January 6, 2008

Writing Day

Yesterday the 5 members of the Zen Writing Group gathered at Tina's house for our now-monthly writing day. We scheduled dates for each month through July to meet, just the 5 of us. Monday nights are for anyone, but these Saturdays are just for us five. Yesterday was a very exciting meeting, as we came up with some new ideas for the group. I'm going to leave it at that for now, until we have the details hammered out, but there will be much excitement in the coming months. I can't wait until I can tell everyone about it.

I made progress on my new novel. We spent an hour of solid time writing. Next month we are going to aim for two hours. Between planning out the new stuff, talking, lunch (Tina made a fantastic potato soup!), and sharing what we had written, we didn't write as much as we would have liked. But that's ok, the day was absolutely wonderful.

I also have ideas for 3 more young adult novels. Moonlight Cafe has 2 main characters, and the main characters' best friends. I am going to write stories of the other 3 characters, which will encompass the timeframe of Moonlight Cafe, but also what these characters did before and after. Now I have to decide how much time to devote to Discovering Family (the new novel I am working on), and the first of these three.

No comments: