Monday, July 14, 2008

July Gathering

We gathered at Sylvie's house this past Saturday for our monthly writing day. We missed Mary that day, who stayed home rejuvenating from a tough week at work. Sylvie made the BEST sausages in a blanket and scones. We talked, ate, wrote, ate some more (pizza for lunch), and shared our writing. I had been feeling completely stuck on my novel. I finally printed the whole thing out and started reading/editing on paper. I read some new chapters on Sat, and the group gave me wonderful insight on what is missing, so I finally know what to do to finish it. I'm excited once again to work on it! I finished my read through yesterday, and marked a couple places where I need to add chapters.

I'm so thankful for our monthly gatherings. They always help move me along when I'm stuck, and the group lets me know what's working and what isn't. I've incorporated my edits into my computer file, and marked 5 areas that need additional chapters. Then, it will be finished!

No comments: