Monday, July 7, 2008

Writing Days

Last Saturday (the weekend before July 4, that is) was our monthly writing day at my apartment. It was, as always, a great day, and so fun to show off my new place to the group. I wrote a new chapter for Moonlight Cafe, did some editing. I have some fact checking to do, and bit more editing, maybe one more chapter here or there, but the end is in sight. We have another writing day at Sylvie's this weekend. Last month's was later than usual, this one is earlier, so they ended up 2 weeks apart. You won't hear me complain though! I've been having a bit of trouble focusing, so I need these concentrated writing days to see me through the end. I think this novel is almost done for me. I've been working on it for so long, doing rewrites and editing, I'm ready to see it complete, for real this time, and get back to Discovering Family. I just hope after being away from that one for so long it isn't dead in the water. Or I might keep that one on hold for now and start my next young adult novel. Hmm, decisions decisions.

No comments: