Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Quote

Yes, I've been remiss in updating my quote of the week. The last time I changed it was almost 2 months ago. I'm sorry. I have a new one there now. I'll try to get back to changing it every week.

You can tell how progress on my novel is coming by my blog posts. I've noticed that when I work on my writing more often, I also post more often. I have something to post about then, and since this blog is mainly about writing, that's no surprise. I have 3 more chapters, maybe 4, to write, and Moonlight Cafe will be done. I've written tonight, but not for my novel. I had a scene pop into my head I wanted to get down. I don't know what the scene is for. There's no plot for a story, just this scene or 2. But I wanted to write it down, and file it away. Sometime I'll use it, I'm sure. And no writing is ever wasted, even if it goes unused. I write because I love it, not because it has to have some deeper purpose other than pure creativity.

I'm off to finish the scene, then take Tiberius for a walk. Neither of us like this July heat, so I wait until the sun goes down to walk him. I also get up early in the morning to walk him, before it gets too hot (though this doesn't alway happen...those of you who live in St. Louis know it can be perfectly miserable at 6AM.)

No comments: