Saturday, December 13, 2008

Conference Day 1

Wow! Today was jam-packed with information about writing and publishing. I learned a lot about agents, query letters, revising, marketing, online presence, and publishing. I met some great people at the conference and did a bit of networking. One woman I met is in a writing group with a man who was published in the most recent "Best of Science Fiction and Fantasy Writing" anthology. It was a great opportunity, and I'm so excited about what I've learned. I have a lot of ideas for my website and marketing for my novels.

Tomorrow is the one on one editing session. I found out I'll meet with Alice Pope, who edits the Children's Writers and Illustrators Market. I am very excited for the meeting, especially now that I know she is my editor! I'm also very nervous. This is the first time a professional has seen my novel; my baby. I welcome any feedback she can give me though to help make my novel and query letter better.

I'm going to post this and head off to dinner with Mary and one of the women we met today, Candace. Yum, Cheesecake Factory. :)

No comments: