Monday, December 1, 2008

Draft is Complete!!

The first draft of my paranormal mystery is complete!!! Yay!! Right now the word count is 90,890, but I think it's going to end up around 95,000-100,000. The final chapter is pure, utter junk, and I have a feeling that one is going to be a struggle, but that's why it's called a rough draft. There are several parts I need to flesh out, research to do, things like that, but I'm so excited to have the rough draft done! I sat down to work on it tonight thinking I had a LOT more to write and that it would take another week or two, but the words just started flowing and everything fell into place. I wrote the final 3300 words in an hour and a half. Again, much work is needed, but I'm excited. There are plot points I planned out that won't happen until the next book. New characters introduced themselves right up until the final few chapters, taking the story in new directions, and they will be fun ones to learn more about in later books. Now I need to think of a title. Hmm...

No comments: