Saturday, February 2, 2008

Happy Groundhog Day

It seems Punxsutawney Phil predicts 6 more weeks of winter. That would be fine with me if it would stay cold. But here in the Midwest the weather keeps going up and down. Snowstorm 2 days ago, and today I was out in just a sweatshirt. I prefer one or the other, not the constant change. Oh well, I guess I can't dictate nature. And I must admit, I love snow, and my puppies especially love it. They've been spending a lot of time outside running around in the white stuff.

I've been reading The Moonlight Cafe aloud to myself for a final check to make sure everything flows smoothly. I'm 10 chapters in (it's 43 total), and so far, other than some minor changes, I'm happy with it. I'm also printing out the final version. I have a hardcopy of an older version, but not the final. It's always nice to have a hardcopy backup in the case of a computer catastrophe. I'm trying to be better at backing up all my stuff, digitally and hardcopies, where possible. I started a binder containing my short story printouts, and have file folders for various versions of Moonlight and the beginnings of Discovering Family. I need to upgrade to Mac OS Leopard, and I want to buy their new Time Capsule for backups to make everything easier on me. Something for my To Do list.

No comments: