Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rewrites

I had an idea for Moonlight Cafe that I thought might make it even better, so rewrote a few chapters to try it out. I loved it, so am in the process of rewriting the entire novel. I'm about 1/3 of the way done. This rewrite is easier than the initial go through. If I work hard, I should be done in about 2 weeks. What am I changing? I originally wrote it in third person, mainly from Brenda's point of view, but with snippets from Vincent's point of view as well. I decided to try it in first person. It works a lot better, especially considering that I am going to write another book telling Vincent's story. I promise, it won't be redundant. It will show what Vincent did before and after he met Brenda, in the time between, and with a totally different view on their time together. But first I'm going to finish this rewrite. Everyone who has heard the change so far likes it a lot better, including myself. So querying agents has been put on hold until I am finished with the change.

No comments: