Sunday, November 16, 2008

Not Quite 70

I'm at 69,588 words so far. 176 paperback pages. I'm still not sure how long this novel will end up. They mystery is slowly starting to reveal itself to me, but I don't know exactly where it's going yet. The writing has been a little slower. Social obligations set in this weekend. I wrote 2000 words Thursday evening, a disappointing count for me, then nothing till this morning. The time off was bad for my creativity. I sat at my computer this morning and pounded out a few hundred words, then was stuck. I walked away for a while, then went to the write-in. Thankfully words started flowing again, and I ended with a total for the day of somewhere around 7000 words. That's more like it, in my opinion. I stopped writing tonight at a cliffhanger between chapters. I know what is going to happen in the next chapter, but am not yet positive about the ones after that. I stopped here so I will have an easy start tomorrow, rather than having to start on a chapter that is cloudy to me. This way I can get the words flowing, and it will be easier to figure out what happens next.

No comments: