Sunday, November 30, 2008

End of NaNoWriMo

It's the last day. My final word count according to Scrivener is 87,562. When I upload it to www.nanowrimo.org for verification it comes in at 87,454. Real life has interfered the past 2 weeks and I have not written as much as I would have liked, though I am still very happy with my final word count. I still have no idea how long this novel is going to be when it is finished. There is one plot point I have barely touched on, so I need to come back to that. I think the main conflict is coming close to being resolved, though my characters could hijack it at any time. The writing has been slower the past 2 weeks than the first 2, but I think it is because I have been busier in the real world and haven't had as much focused time to write.

I took a break from my Nano novel (that is still untitled) yesterday to go through the edits Tina made for The Moonlight Cafe. I got it back from her a month ago but haven't looked at it yet. She had some very good ideas, subtle changes that make a big difference to the overall story. Now I need to get back to working on query letters for it.

I hope to have the Nano novel complete by the end of the year. A first draft, that is. I have 2 full weeks off around the holidays, so I will be able to get a lot of work done then. I'm very excited about that break. I was very productive over the break last year, when I only had a week off, so two weeks will be amazing.

Next Saturday is the TGIO party - Thank God It's Over. I look forward to socializing with my fellow Nanos guilt free. We socialize at the write-ins, but I always feel like I should get back to writing.

I guess my next task is to think of a title for this novel. I haven't thought about it at all, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to think of one. I'm not very good at titles though. I might have to consult Sylvie. She's our title queen.

No comments: